From A Taste of lobster and some tales too – this is delicious!!
Bar Harbor Inn Lobster Mac and Cheese
2 cups uncoooked elbow macaroni
2 tablespoons floor
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups milk or half-and-half
8 ounces Cabot’s grated Sharp Cheddar cheese
12 ounces cooked cleaned lobster meat cut into bite size pieces
4 ounces cracker meal
1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Add macaroni and cook until al dente, about 10-12 minutes.
- While macaroni is cooking, make white sauce by melting butter in saucepan and stir in flour to make a roux. Cook the roux for a few minutes, stirring continuously. Gradually add the milk; add 6 ounces grated Cheddar cheese, stirring constantly until melted. Add lobster to sauce. Add sauce to cooked macaroni.
- In a separate bowl mix cracker meal and paprika. Place macaroni mix in glass or ceramic casserole dish and top with cracker meal mix and remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour or until top is golden and bubbly.
- Serve with fresh field green salad and crisp white wine.