COOKIES FOR CHRISTMAS
Everyone loves these Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies as they are nice and moist. The secret to this recipe is to soak the dried cranberries in orange juice overnight. I use dried cranberries from Decas Cranberries in Massachusetts. You can find their product in stores under the name Paradise Meadows. They are the best!!
Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup dried cranberries, soak in
1 cup orange juice
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, unbleached
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- Soak the dried cranberries in orange juice over-night.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl cream butter and add sugar and brown sugar; combine well.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture; blend well.
- Drain the cranberries and fold in the oatmeal and cranberries.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden. Cool 1 minute on baking sheet for a few minutes; move to wire rack.
- Store in an air tight container and cookies will keep for several days.